Current Position: The Founder and Senior Partner
Languages: Arabic and English
Practice Areas: Civil Law; Corporate and Commercial Laws; Laws related to Banking and Finance; Arbitration
- Arbitration/ International Arbitration Tutor – Chartered Institute of Arbitration (CiArb).
- Professorial associate at the University of London (SOAS) 2007 – 2009.
- Former lecturer at the University of Bahrain – School of Business and Finance.
- Former lecturer at the Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Arab Law Quarterly Bulletin London.
- Invited speaker at regional and international conferences such as GCC Arbitration Centre, LCIA, ICC and AAA.
More than 40 Years
- Attorney and Legal Consultant in Bahrain – Admitted to the Bahraini Bar in 1974
- Admitted to the Kuwait Bar in 1983
- Licensed to practice before the Court of Cassation and the Constitutional Court Bahrain
- Practicing before the Courts of Bahrain in various areas including but not limited to Banking & Finance, Commercial, Insurance, Maritime and Contract Laws
- Ex-resident Associate of the former Coudert Brothers, New York
- Practicing domestic and international arbitration as arbitrator or counsel (including institutional international arbitration such as ICC, LCIA, DIAC and GCC Arbitration Centre).
- Licensed as a Foreign Legal Consultant before Supreme Court of Texas, U.S.A
- Licensed before all degree of courts including Supreme Court in Sultanate of Oman
- University of London, England, Ph.D. in Law – Thesis: The Bahrain Judicial System-A Historical and Analytical Study
- University of Mohammed V. Rabat, Morocco, LL.B
- Council Member of Institute of World Business of International Chamber of Commerce of ICC, Paris (from 2003 to 2019)
- Member of ICC Paris Commission on Arbitration
- Bahraini National Committee of the International Chamber of Commerce
- Member of International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of the Disciplinary Council of the Bahrain Bourse
- Member of Committee on Investment Barriers of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce – Bahrain.
- Former Vice-chairman of Arab Users Council of London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) (2007-2012).
- Former member of the LCIA Court (2007-2012)
- Former member of the ICC Court (2000-2003)
- Former member of the Board of Trustees of the BCDR / AAA Bahrain
- Former Co-chairman of Arab Forum of the IBA
- Founding member of the Bahrain Bar Society.
- President of the Bahrain Bar Society 1986 - 1991. During this period served as ex officio a Member of the Executive Bureau of Arab Lawyers’ Union.
- Former member of the Lawyers Disciplinary Advisory Council of the Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs.
- Member of Review of Civil & Commercial Procedural Law Committee – Ministry of Justice & Islamic Affairs – Bahrain.
- “Judiciary and Arbitration in Bahrain”, published by Kluwer Law International.
- “The Bahrain Judicial System – A Historical and Analytical Study” (Ph.D. Thesis)
- Participation by articles and researches in various professional international legal publications and periodicals
- In 2021, Chambers and Partners ranked Hassan Ali Radhi as a Top Ranked Lawyer in Corporate & Finance and in Dispute Resolution.
- Thomson Reuters’ Asian Legal Business MENA recognized Hassan Ali Radhi as one of the Super 50 Lawyers list for 2021.
- In the 30th Edition of IFLR1000, Hassan Radhi has featured as a Highly Regarded Lawyer in 2021.
- Chambers and Partners in 2019 and 2020 ranked Hassan Radhi as Band 1 Lawyer in Corporate & Finance and in Dispute Resolution.
- Ranked in IFLR1000 as a Leading Lawyer Highly Regarded in 2018 and 2019 and 2020 respectively.
- The Legal500 ranked Hassan Radhi in 2020 as “Hall of Fame of Bahrain Legal Market Overview”.
- Ranked in Chambers and Partners 2018 as Band 1 Lawyer in Corporate & Finance and ranked as Star Individual in Dispute Resolution.
- Ranked in Legal500 in the following areas: Banking and Finance, Dispute Resolution, Islamic Finance, Projects and Energy and Leading Individual in Legal Market overview - 2018 and 2019 Rankings
- Leading Lawyer in Banking, Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions awarded by IFLR1000- Financial & Corporate 2017
- Leading Individual (Band 1) awarded by CHAMBERS GLOBAL in 2016
- Global Expert-Corporate Law – Bahrain awarded by Who’s Who Legal 2014
- Law Firm of the Year 2012 – Bahrain awarded by IFLR (International Financial Law Review).
- Best Lawyer in Bahrain awarded by – World Finance – London 2012.
- Best Law Office in litigation in Bahrain awarded by – World Finance – London 2012.
- A Best Middle Eastern Law Firm – awarded by – Alliance International – Paris 2011