Born: Bahrain, 1947
Current Position: Senior Partner
Languages: Arabic and English
Practice Areas: Civil Law; Corporate and Commercial Laws; Laws related to Banking and Finance; Arbitration
- Arbitration/ International Arbitration Tutor – Chartered Institute of Arbitration (CiArb).
- Professorial associate at the University of London (SOAS) 2007 – 2009.
- Former lecturer at the University of Bahrain – School of Business and Finance.
- Former lecturer at the Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Arab Law Quarterly Bulletin London.
- Invited speaker at regional and international conferences such as GCC Arbitration Centre, LCIA, ICC and AAA.
More than 35 Years
- Attorney and Legal Consultant in Bahrain – Admitted to the Bahraini Bar in 1974
- Admitted to the Kuwait Bar in 1983
- Licensed to practice before the Court of Cassation and the Constitutional Court Bahrain
- Practicing before the Courts of Bahrain in various areas including but not limited to Banking & Finance, Commercial, Insurance, Maritime and Contract Laws
- Ex-resident Associate of the former Coudert Brothers, New York
- Practicing domestic and international arbitration as arbitrator or counsel (including institutional international arbitration such as ICC, LCIA, DIAC and GCC Arbitration Centre).
- Licensed as a Foreign Legal Consultant before Supreme Court of Texas, U.S.A
- Licensed before all degree of courts including Supreme Court in Sultanate of Oman
- University of London, England, Ph.D. in Law – Thesis: The Bahrain Judicial System-A Historical and Analytical Study
- University of Mohammed V. Rabat, Morocco, LL.B
- Vice-chairman of Arab Users Council of London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
Vice-chairman of Arab Users Council of London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) (2007-2012)
Council Member of Institute of World Business of International Chamber of Commerce. (ICC, Paris)
Member of ICC Paris Commission on Arbitration
Bahraini National Committee of the International Chamber of Commerce
Member of International Bar Association (IBA)
Member of the Disciplinary Council of the Bahrain Stock Exchange
Member of Committee on Investment Barriers of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce – Bahrain
Member of the LCIA Court (2007-2012)
Member of the ICC Court (2000-2003)
Former member of the Board of Trustees of the BCDR / AAA Bahrain
Former Co-chairman of Arab Forum of the IBA
Founding member of the Bahrain Bar Society.
President of the Bahrain Bar Society 1986 – 1991. During this period served as ex officio a Member of the Executive Bureau of Arab Lawyers’ Union.
Former member of the Lawyers Disciplinary Advisory Council of the Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs.
Member of Review of Civil & Commercial Procedural Law Committee – Ministry of Justice & Islamic Affairs – Bahrain.
- “Judiciary and Arbitration in Bahrain”, published by Kluwer Law International, To view the book click here.
- “The Bahrain Judicial System – A Historical and Analytical Study” (Ph.D. Thesis)
- Participation by articles and researches in various professional international legal publications and periodicals
- Global Expert-Corporate Law – Bahrain awarded by Who’s Who 2014
- Law Firm of the Year 2012 – Bahrain awarded by IFLR (International Financial Law Review).
- Best Lawyer in Bahrain awarded by – World Finance – London 2012.
- Best Law Office in litigation in Bahrain awarded by – World Finance – London 2012.
- A Best Middle Eastern Law Firm – awarded by – Alliance International – Paris 2011